Saturday, January 2, 2010

First Shopping trip of the year

Well it was pretty uneventful all in all. We started at Target, bought a couple of books no problem there. Got to the check out stand and the cashier informed us that Washington was going to quit accepting your Oregon ID for the exemption on the sales tax. This was starting to ruin our lives cause we go to the Tri-Cities as there are no good stores in Hermiston to shop at. We were thinking we were now going to have to take road trips to Portland if we ever wanted anything you can't get at Wal Mart. Like customer service. This did however turn out to be untrue at least for now.

Next we were on to the Mall and JC Penny's to buy a pair of slacks for Tara. I was amazed there were several clothing items that I would actually wear not made in China. On our way to Famous footwear to buy a new pair of tennis shoes for me the girls were making all kinds of plans to have me give them the money and they would buy my shoes they were certain we could not find any that were not made in China. I did find a cute pair if Puma's made in Vietnam. I will post pictures.

I did just remember the delema we found in Target. We were buying some way cool sports bras all made by the same company, some made in china, the exact ones different color made in the Demonican Republic. Very strange.

Now on to something I just thought of as I was writing this. We went grocery shopping after all the fun stuff. I never once looked at any of my food to see where it was made. I could have already messed up. Cherilyn also reminded me I would not be able to eat Chineese Food all year. That could be my exception on this one cause I love Chineese food. Wait the chineese food is not made in China duh its made in America where I live I'm all good. Tara and Cherilyn also challenged me to go to the Asian market and find food not made in China. There are lots of country's in Asia. Thats all for today. Our shopping trip did end up taking us about 6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment