So here is the latest adventure of shopping. I went grocery shopping tonight and needed to pick up a new lunch box and theroms for Tod to take while working. Food shopping took a while, and of course WalMart didn't have any cooler style lunch boxes or thermos', so off to Bi-Mart we go. Of course Cherilyn is with me. We got the lunch box and the thermos, and of course shopping includes laughing and talking so I forgot to check the made in China status of my items.
I am sitting at home chatting with Cherilyn and the thought comes to my mind I didn't even look. Of course on the lunch box didn't have any stickers or lables so no point of reference there. Almost didn't get to buy it because of this they had to send two guys to sporting goods to try and find the price. So I go on line and look for the coleman company, to my suprise it has a list of countries that they produce their products in the top of the list is the USA, but no where on the list is China. I think I am safe on that one. The thermos, however, I was not so lucky. It says right on the lable Made in China. What should I do. Should I scrap my resolution? Take it back or keep it and say I will do better next time? I will more than likely keep it and say I will do better next time. Taking it back means another trip to town and then trying to find one that isn't made in China. I am really suprised that a Stanley thermos is made in China. That is a very American name brand. I don't know the more I think of it the more I think I will take it back and try to find on made in any country than China. Part of this resolution is the challenge of making these finds. I will keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment